When country music lovers talk about the greatest groups in the genre, Shenandoah is always at the forefront of any discussion. Fueled by Marty Raybon’s distinctive vocals and the band’s skilled musicianship, Shenandoah became well known for delivering such hits as “Two Dozen Roses”, “Church on Cumberland Road” and “Next to You, Next to Me” as well as such achingly beautiful classics as “I Want to be Loved Like That” and the Grammy winning “Somewhere in the Vicinity of the Heart” duet with Alison Krauss.
Today that legacy continues as original members Raybon and Mike McGuire reunite to launch a new chapter in Shenandoah’s storied career. Shenandoah has recorded nine studio albums (3 certfied gold) and placed 26 singles on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart. The boys from Muscle Shoals have left a potent legacy at country radio with over a dozen hit records.
Shenandoah made their first public appearance 30 years ago this year. They are celebrating this milestone with the nationwide “Shenandoah 30th Anniversary Tour.” In 2017, the group signed a record deal with BMG to release their first new album in two decades. Shenandoah premiered their debut single off the album, "Noise," on SiriusXM and marked their first release to radio in 20 years. The track is produced by Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts, hit the top 30 on the country charts. Their new album, “Reloaded,” was recently released and was the highest debuting album on the Billboard Chart of their entire career. The album also debuted in the Top 15 on the iTunes Charts.
• 1991 Acadamy of Country Music (ACM) :Vocal Group of the Year
• 1992 Country Music Association (CMA): Vocal Event of the Year— "Somewhere in the Vicinity of the Heart" (with Alison Krauss)
• 1995 Grammy: Best Country Collaboration "Somewhere in the Vicinity of the Heart" (with Alison Krauss)
• 2017 Inspirational Country Awards: Male Vocalist of the Year (Marty Raybon)
Lynn currently splits her time between Los Angeles and Nashville and has been performing across the U.S. She has opened for country music acts such as Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Kenny Rogers, Cole Swindell and Jana Kramer, along with playing festivals including Summerfest, CMA Fest and The Oshkosh Airshow.
You may have heard her music on SiriusXM The Highway, Spotify or caught her debut EP, produced by Jay DeMarcus of Rascal Flatts. Her latest EP, “FIGHT”, produced by Grammy Award-winning producer and engineer, Ben Fowler, debuted Top 50 on the Billboard Country Album Sales chart. The music video for her recent single “Somebody Kissed Me at a Bar” was featured on CMT and has over 500,000+ views on YouTube and 500,000+ streams on Spotify.
Recent Release: “FIGHT EP” and single “Somebody Kissed Me at a Bar”
• Top 50 Billboard Debut for Country Album Sales and #25 Billboard HeatSeeker Chart
• “Somebody Kissed Me at a Bar” Music Video Premiered on CMT with 500,000+ YouTube Views and Featured on Spotify’s Wild Country Playlist with over 500,000 streams and counting.
• Self-Titled Debut EP Produced by Rascal Flatts’ Jay DeMarcus
• SiriusXM ‘Highway Find’ and ‘On The Horizon’ Artist & CMT ‘Artist Discovery’ Artist
• “Hey California” Single Premiered on Radio Disney Country Spotlight
• “Bar Hoppin’” Music Video Debuted by Country Weekly & reached Top 10 on CMT’s 12-Pack countdown
• Multiple Music Videos featured on CMT, GAC, CMC Australia and The Country Network
• Performed the National Anthem at the BNP Paribas Open Finals
• Landed song placements in FOX’s TV show, Fringe and in Autumn Calabrese’s workout video series, ‘Country Heat’ for Beach Body Fitness
• ‘Who’s New’ Artist feature in Country Weekly magazine
• First Christmas single, ‘My Christmas Wish for You’, written by Richard Marx and Linda Thompson was debuted live at the Ryman Auditorium and Featured on Nash Icon along with CMT
Kenny Chesney, Brad Paisley, Cole Swindell, Kenny Rogers, Jana Kramer, Shenandoah, Mark Wills, Bellamy Brothers, Josh Thompson and American Authors
With a rich, distinctive voice and a knack for writing powerful songs with catchy melodies, singer/songwriter Austin Merrill is proving to be one of country music’s brightest rising stars. His unique sound is both traditional and modern, a seamless blend with mass appeal that feels just as much at home on stage as it does on the farm. With Grammy-award winning producer Mark Bright at the helm, listeners can expect his debut EP, Whiskey & Water, this spring. Together, they have crafted an impressive 5-track project that embraces Austin’s 90’s country upbringing while showcasing his contemporary songwriting and Bright’s musical vision that will effortlessly transition to the ears of today’s Country listener.
Music played an essential role from an early age for the Oregon native, helping forge a strong sense of individuality and creativity. Country music was family music for Austin, and the influences of his favorite childhood artists, such as Alan Jackson, Vince Gill, and Shenandoah, can still be heard in the music he writes and sings today. While the dream of a fruitful Country music career is on the horizon, Austin first came to town as an award-winning upright bassist and accomplished sax player. After graduating from Vanderbilt University, Austin answered another lifelong calling that he could no longer ignore: he joined the U.S. Army and is currently commissioned as a Lieutenant in the Tennessee Army National Guard. Being an officer in the Army has taught him countless life lessons and given Austin the chance to serve the common good while pursuing a burgeoning music career.
The journey has just begun for Austin who is very excited for the release of his upcoming debut project, Whiskey & Water, on April 26th produced by Mark Bright.
How does one describe the talent and career of Marty Raybon in only a few paragraphs? Throughout his epic journey, spanning nearly three decades, Marty has produced a remarkable list of career accomplishments including; multiple number one singles, top selling albums, CMA, ACM, IBMA, and Grammy Awards, along with scores of other accolades. Collectively, his contributions to the recording industry have sold well into the millions and he has performed literally thousands of live concerts at four corners of the earth. But what does all that really say about Marty Raybon? Among his contemporaries, he is considered to possess one the purest natural country voices in the business. Here are just a few comments.
• Country music star, Josh Turner says, “Marty is one of the best soul singers in music. He gets inside a song and turns it inside out. When you listen to him sing, he makes every word sound important and makes you feel as though he is singing straight to you. I love everything he’s done. He’s a great singer, a great artist, and a great man”,
Again, what does that really say about Marty Raybon? Unequivocally it can be said that Marty Raybon is a talented man, an accomplished man, a man who has left an indelible mark on the world of entertainment. He has appeared on all the major television networks and has been featured in numerous hit music videos. He has circled the globe entertaining millions along the way, always leaving the audience with a clear and lasting impression of himself as singer of songs. It is therefore reasonable to state that Marty Raybon is a famous man. In truth, any effort to sum up “Marty Raybon” in so few words would merely be an exercise in futility. Therefore we offer the following list of career highlights and significant achievements as an attempt to offer the reader a more definitive understanding of the impact Marty Raybon continues to make on the music industry today.